Our EU Law service allows you to access the primary legislation that constitutes the legal framework of the European Community, as well as secondary legislation, case law and national measures to see how they’re put into practice.
View preparatory acts, parliamentary questions, and information and notices in the Official Journals C Series.
- Case Law – Court of Justice (from 1954), Court of First Instance (from 1989), Civil Service Tribunal (from 2006), EFTA Court (from 1994)
- Treaties – Court of Justice (from 1954), Court of First Instance (from 1989), Civil Service Tribunal (from 2006), EFTA Court (from 1994)
- Legislation – Secondary legislation from 1952 including regulations, directives, decisions, recommendations, opinions (non-binding) as published in the Official Journal L Series
- Preparatory Acts From 1974 – All written questions and answers addressed by the members of the European Parliament to the Commission and the Council as published in the Official Journal C Series from 1992 are provided
- OJC Series – Starting from 1990, information and notices and non-binding acts of the Council (resolutions, declarations, communications), operative part of the judgments of the Courts and texts of Commission proposals for legislation as published daily in the Official Journals C Series are supplied
- Complete confidence – Full coverage of EU legal materials as well as EUR-Lex, the official database of the EU
- Seamless research – Westlaw UK’s linking throughout all EU material gives you seamless access to related materials
- Easy searching – Search across all EU content or search cases, legislation, treaties, and preparatory acts individually