General Editor: Christopher Lockhart-Mummery, QC; Joseph Harper, QC; David Elvin, QC; Landmark Chambers team; Professor Malcolm Grant CBE
Status: Live on Westlaw UK
The most comprehensive source of information and guidance on planning law and policy, the Encyclopedia of Planning Law and Practice:
- Includes all relevant legislation including EC legislation as well as domestic statutes and statutory instruments
- Reproduces all the relevant policy documents for England and Wales, giving you access to the National Planning Policy Framework, National Planning Practice Guidance (to be included in R.184 in June 2014), Planning Policy Wales and other useful national and EU guidance
- Contains clear and in-depth annotations which explain each statement of the law and comment on all appropriate judicial decisions, so that the law is put into, context, technicalities are understood fully, and problems can be identified
- Contains expanded expert commentary on the most important Government policy documents
- Notes derivations of and amendments to legislation
- Updated by monthly bulletins and quarterly looseleaf releases to keep you ahead of the changes
- The full text of the National Planning Practice Guidance with commentary on the key parts.
- Expanded commentary on the National Planning Policy Framework.
- Textual amendments and commentary on the changes brought about by the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (England) Order 2013, and any further changes introduced with regard to use classes and permitted development rights.
- Integration with existing provisions and commentary on the the Growth and Infrastructure Act 2013.
- Full updating and rewriting of the annotations to:
– Part II of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, including sections 55, 70-73, and 106-106C (including new provisions from the Growth and Infrastructure Act 2013).
– Part VII of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 on planning enforcement.
– Part IX of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 on acquisition, CPO and appropriation.
- Review and update of Crown planning control.
- Following the rewriting of the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) commentary earlier in 2013, updating to reflect judgments in HS2 litigation.
- Review and updating of the Habitats commentary.
- Inclusion of and annotations on the Aarhus convention and protective costs.
- A full review of the planning policy section.
- A review and slimming down of the statutory instruments section.
- The addition of some new materials such as the more important good practice guides and further EU material.
- Emerging policy on applications for hydraulic fracturing of shale gas (fracking).
- A revised format and content for the monthly bulletins in 2014 in order to provide customers with a broader update on key developments in planning law and policy.